Monday, March 19, 2012

Kim Kardashian Rocks bright lips!

 So I was looking through some pictures to get new inspiration for makeup looks. I stumbled upon these beautiful pictures of Kim Kardashian. I have always been a huge fan of hers but when I saw these pictures I just fell in love with this look!
Notice how Kim put the focus on her lips as opposed to her eyes for this shoot...
This tone of pink is just gorgeous on her complexion and it is perfect for spring which is also right around the corner.
I don't know about you guys but I will definitely rock 
a bright lip this season! LOL



So I re-created my own version of Kim's look with a couple of changes and here are some pictures...


Step by Step guide of my version with visuals...

Start your makeup application with a clean moisturized face. 
Apply concealer under dark eye circles, dark spots, scars and any hyper pigmented areas on skin. 
Apply a even layer of foundation. Remember, a little goes a long way and Blend, Blend, Blend!

Now we have a clear canvas to to start!

1.  Apply Eye Shadow primer all over eyelid and brow bone. A good eye shadow primer is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Eyeshadow Base .34 fl oz (10 ml)


2.  Apply a light gray shadow on lids ending at the crease. The palette I used was Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Palette, Ultra Shimmer I used the second row from the right, the fourth color down from the top. I can best describe it as a light shimmery gray bronzed color.

3. Mix Black and Brown shadow and apply onto the crease. The colors I used from my Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Palette, Ultra Shimmer were black and dark brown. The two last colors on the bottom of the first row from the right.

4. Buff, Buff, Buff! the color onto the crease an outer corners until it fades...










5. Keep adding black into the outer corners to add definition... also add a light shimmery eye shadow on brow bone...















6. Fill in your eyebrows with a color that is lighter than your hair color. My hair is Black so I use Dark Brown. My favorite is Milani Brow Fix Medium #02which is what I used on the picture below.















7. Apply liquid Eyeliner on the top of your eyelids, also apply regular black eyeliner on bottom lashline/ waterline, put on some mascara and Waa-Laaah! your done with your eyes!







Next Step is to contour cheeks using a deep bronzed color. I used NARS Bronzing Powder Laguna.
Then apply a rosy pink blush like Kim K's I used MAC Blush Powder - Desert Rose - 6g/0.21oz.
And lastly, PUCKER UP and put on some bright pink lipstick! I used MAC Pro Amplified Creme lipstick -- SHOW ORCHID.


 As you can see my look is a little more dramatic than Kim's but it was definitely inspired by hers!
Im OBSESSED with instagram! LOL

PRODUCTS I USED:





No comments:

Post a Comment