Hello my Sirens!
It has been a long time since I've updated my blog but I have something so great to share with you all and I couldn't resist.
This post is about my daily skin routine and how I keep my skin clear.
Before I enlighten you here is a little background about my skin. I have oily combination skin meaning my skin gets oily in my T-zone area, which includes the forehead, nose and chin. My cheeks don't usually get oily but they aren't dry either. I also struggle with acne here and there and have to constantly be on top of keeping my skin clean or it will break out.
For years I've struggled with buying products that do everything but clear up my skin. I can honestly say that I've tried all brands and lines with minimal success. Finally I began educating myself and learned that the ingredients that help cure and heal acne blemishes are the following: Salicylic acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Sulfur. (Search for these ingredients while shopping for cleansers and moisturizers)
Here is my skin routine:
First I wash my face with Bioré’s Pore Unclogging Face Wash it has Salicylic Acid. I squeeze a half dime sized amount onto the tip of my fingers and massage it in gentle circular motions onto damp skin. I do this for about 15-30 seconds and then rinse with warm water and pat my skin dry with a clean facial towel.
Then I grab one of Neutrogena’s Acne Skin Pads which has Salicylic Acid and rub it onto my skin using moderate pressure making sure I focus on my T-zone and then let my skin air-dry.
Lastly, I apply one small pump of Burt Bee’s Acne Lotion which has Salicylic Acid and distribute it evenly all over my face until the skin absorbs it completely.
I do this process in the morning when I wake up and at nighttime right before bed. If I do happen to have a blemish I do apply, Neutrogena’s Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Acne Treatment directly on the blemish. I pack it on during night time and during the day I make sure the product disappears on the blemish so no traces of product is visible.
Once a week I do apply a sulfur based mask to soften the skin and medicate it. I leave it on for no more than 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
These products have changed my skin completely and I hope it will help improve yours as well.
Until next time my Loves! Xoxo
I miss my MOON SPARKLE!
Hey there girls!
I have to admit this is a bit of a sad post for me. The other day I came across this random, fruity, intriguing scent and it reminded me of a scent in particular that made me a bit nostalgic. The delicious smell brought back a lot of great memories of when I used to live the single girl life in New York City. Summer of 2007 was just a very memorable summer for me and my friends. Everyday was like an adventure. It was unplanned, uninhibited, just simply exciting. We never knew what we were going to get into next. It was an unforgettable year for all of us.
That random scent not only made me reminisce of all the fun times in the city but made me come to realize that summer is indeed right around the corner and I have to bring that spark back or at least smell like it! LOL! That only means one thing...it is time to switch my fragrance game up a bit. I need to get something that matches the summer feeling and makes me feel "alive" like how I felt back in 2007 when life was carefree and spontaneous. I need a fragrance that is fruity, fun, mysterious and sexy. Not only that, but I need a summer scent that can withstand the summer heat.
The scent that I keep praising and that does all of the above is one that was launched back in 2007 from the ESCADA collection and it is called 'MOON SPARKLE'. I still remember the summer afternoon when I walked into Sephora and took a first sniff at the cute girly bottle. I was addicted instantly and bought it on the spot. I swear I wore it everyday to the last drop.
So then it suddenly came to me that 'MOON SPARKLE' and I should re-unite once again this summer
I thought to myself, "OMG I've got to order it online ASAP!" I immediately went straight to work but after hours and hours of research and just when I thought I was gonna get lucky I kept getting results of it being SOLD OUT at almost every fragrance website retailer.
I am sooo heart broken because of this! (yes I am a bit dramatic) I can't help but remember that sweet intense summer scent that captured me with just one sniff. If anyone out there knows where I can get this perfume online please I beg PLEASE let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Please help bring those memories of happiness and youth back! LOL
About the fragrance:
'Moon Sparkle' is a fruity and floral scent. Red apple and strawberry notes will be the most prominent. This fragrance is perfect for those daring gals like myself that love to make a statement. But it might be to strong for those women that prefer the more softer, subtle scents. So if you would like to transition make sure you transition by taking baby steps until you are confident wearing a love potion like this one! LOL
A fruity floral fragrance, with sparkling strawberry and red apple notes. Top notes: strawberry, blackcurrant, citrus cocktail, red apple. Middle notes: sweet pea, freesia, jasmine, rose. Base notes: raspberry, musky notes, sandalwood, dry ambery notes.
Thank you my Sirens for reading once again!....as you can see it was bittersweet writing this! LOL
Don't forget to leave your comments and if any of you are familiar with any other scents similar to this one don't forget to mention them in a post I will definitely check them out next time I visit Sephora!
Crazy About 'TOCCA' FRAGRANCES!
Hey Dolls! Just wanted to share with you what my favorite fragrance is at the moment
*Drum Roll Please*-------------------------------------------------------------Fragrances by TOCCA!
If you haven't seen or heard of these perfumes before here is a picture of what they look like...
Aren't they just so cute?! I am in love with the design and the packaging...
It has always been a challenge for me to find a fragrance that not only smells good, but that is also very long lasting. It is also a challenge to find something that people hardly know of.
I don't know about you guys but I just hate it when I am wearing a fragrance that someone in the room is also wearing. I like to be different so I try my best to take my time to find something that people haven't noticed or used yet.
Smelling exactly like another person is not an option for me! LOL
My signature scent used to be the Silver bottled Perfume by GUESS here's a picture below
different, mysterious and flirty...and I stumbled upon the 'TOCCA' line of fragrances and was instantly attracted to the packaging and the design of the bottle simply because it's manufactured like no other.
I will not lie it took me about 30 to 40 minutes of smelling all the different scents over and over again to finally decide on one. That's how good they all smell!
I made up my mind and picked the scent called 'Giulietta'... I swear I'm in love... I wear it everyday and can't get enough it's such a sweet intense floral scent. I spray it everywhere from my bedroom to my clothes just to add a personal touch to everything I own...LOL (OBSESSED!)
Giulietta by 'TOCCA' has...
Top notes: Ylang Ylang, Green Apples, Bulgarian Rose, and Pink Tulips
Middle notes: Iris Pallida, Vanilla Orchid, Lily of the Valley, Heliotrope
Bottom notes: Musk, Amber,Cedarwood, Sandalwood
If you're at Sephora stop by the 'TOCCA' section and take a sniff...you will thank me later ;)
What is your favorite scent at the moment? Go ahead share your thoughts... I would love to know! Xo!
My Top 10 Beauty Must Haves!!!
Hey there my lovely Sirens!
So I get a lot of questions often on what type of products I use for my hair, skin, etc... and thought to myself why not create a post where I can show the world what products I absolutely cannot live without! All the products listed below can be easily purchased at your nearest pharmacy and are pocket friendly so there is no excuse to let yourself go ladies! Please go and check these products out if you haven't already.
My absolute favorite hair products are:
1. So I like to wash my hair before I straighten it with a Shampoo that is moisturizing and will provide a good lather that's going to leave my hair with that squeaky clean feeling. This Shampoo and Conditioner Root Awakening by the John Frieda Collection definitely does the job. Not only does it leave your scalp feeling minty clean, but it is the only Shampoo & Conditioner that I have tried that actually helps aid in detangling hair in the shower fast with hardly any breakage!
2. After I wash my hair I towel dry it until it is damp. Next I grab some Moroccan Oil pour a quarter size onto my palms (because I have very long hair) and apply it all over my strands starting from my ends and working my way upwards to the roots. Not only does it cut my blowdrying time but it also protects my hair from the heat and leaves my hair feeling smooth, moisturized, shinny, and bouncy...Def a must have ladies!
3. The last thing I do after my hair is dried and flat ironed is put some anti-frizz hair serum. After years of trying different brands of serums I was glad to find this one from the John Frieda Collection. It is THE BEST and it smells sooo good. It leaves my hair looking sleek, shinny and most importantly NOT FRIZZY AT ALL! LOL
4. On those hot summer days when straightening my hair becomes a drag I usually leave it out natural and curly. But I can't just walk out the house without applying any product! I usually apply mousse and spray it lightly. My absolute favorite curling products that don't weigh my hair down and leaves it controlled is PANTENE Curly hair style line. It leaves every curl shinny and in tact for hours! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
My Favorite Skin Care Products are:
5. For many years I have suffered with acne and with time I have come to realize that the cause of my acne was a combination of carrying a poor diet, stress, lack of sleep, etc. I have tried many products in the market from very expensive ones to very affordable ones and many left me with little to no results. Then I started taking care of myself, started to eat less junk food, drank more water, eliminated some of the things in my life that were stressing me out, regulated my sleeping pattern and noticed my skin was clearing up little by little. Then I really got into exfoliating my skin 2-3 times a week with facial scrubs and saw that it helped me to get rid of all of the dead skin that was clogging up my pores and causing breakouts. It wasn't until I started using the Neutrogena Daily Cleansing Pads that I noticed my skin tightening and smoothing out. I fell in love! I swear I use this product every other night and replaced it with my regular exfoliating scrub. I use it after cleansing my skin and use the rough part of the pad in circular motions to exfoliate. Definitely a MUST have if you have acne prone skin!
6. After I cleanse my face in the morning I massage a drop of this moisturizer by BURT'S BEES on my face. It keeps my skin glowing and refreshed and it also helps prevent and control breakouts thanks to the salicylic acid within the ingredients. It took my skin a couple days to get used to this moisturizer and made my skin feel really greasy at first but after like the fourth day of daily use it didn't feel greasy anymore and it helped my skin look clearer and smoother. Definitely one of my ultimate favs!
7. I am obsessed with good smelling natural soaps! and I am sooo happy I discovered this line of natural soaps at the drug store one day. My favorite scent of the Yardley soap line is the one pictured below it is called Pomegranate Rose. Leaves me feeling refreshed, and clean. Did I mention it smells yummy?! LOL
8. Anyone who is anyone has tried this lotion at least once in their lives! Johnson&Johnson's baby lotion has been around for years and this lotion will do the job. Leaves your skin feeling smooth and moisturized without leaving a trace of stickiness or a greasy feeling behind. I bet we all can agree that if it was meant for a baby's skin then it can't do no wrong on our skin! Definitely on my favorite list!
9. Addicted to this lip balm! Especially during the winter season! I use it alone or use it as a lipstick primer and it helps for a smooth color application and colors last longer.
10. I am all about promoting healthy pearly whites! Having had worked in a Teeth Whitening company like BriteSmile before definitely had a lot to do with it. My favorite whitening mouthwash is this one pictured below by Listerine. After one rinse I saw the difference! I have to admit it does stings a little but it does the job right and I see results.
These are my top 10 beauty product and I use them everyday!
What are your favorite every day over the counter products?
Share your response! Xo!